While reading an article, I ran across a wonderful quote. When I read the author’s name, I was surprised–it was so unlikely.
And it makes a great game! See if you can match up the numbered quotes with the lettered authors. Answers at the bottom of the blog. Have fun!
A. Amy Tan (Author, The Kitchen God’s Wife)
B. Ronald Reagan (40th President of the United States.)
C. Neil Armstrong (Astronaut)
D. Ernest Hemingway (Author, For Whom the Bell Tolls)
E. Stephen King (Author, The Stand)
F. Garry Trudeau (Cartoonist, Doonesbury)
1. “I learned from my father the value of hard work and ambition, and maybe a little something about telling a story.”
2. “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?”
3. “I loved fairy tales when I was a kid. Grimm. The grimmer the better. I loved gruesome Gothic tales and, in that respect, I liked Bible stories, because to me they were very Gothic.”
4. “Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand. “
5. ‘Life is like a movie-since there aren’t any commercial breaks, you have to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of it.”
6. “Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. “
Answers are below the camera-toss photo of lights on a bridge in Switzerland by H-Peter Clamann (c) 2006.
A. (3) B. (1) C. (4) D. (2) E. (6) F. (5)
–Quinn McDonald is a writer, artist and certified creativity coach. See her work at QuinnCreative.com