Two New In-Person Class Series
1. Creative Master Mind Group: Starts JaN. 10 2011 6 pm – 8 pm, 12 consecutive Monday evenings.
If you are working on a creative project and want both support and accountability, consider joining our Creative Master Mind group in Central Phoenix.
The group will be limited to 8 members. Each gathering will begin with an around-the table report of each members’ work in the past week. Members may show, read, or discuss their work.
No “fixing” or “help” may be offered unless the member specifically asks for suggestions or ideas.
After the reports, there will be a continuing creative activity that creates a continuing thread throughout the 12 sessions.
The gathering will end with each member setting an intention for the coming week.
Co-facilitated by Quinn McDonald and Bonnie Barnard, this small, close-knit class is designed to help you make meaning and move ahead in a specific creative project. No work will be done on the project during the meeting. Instead, the group holds a space for possibility, encouragement, and creative growth for each member.
Price: $35 per class. Price includes art supplies, although you are welcome to bring your own additions.
Questions? To register (or to sign up for the next class) contact Quinn McDonald.
Pitt Pen on Arches Text Wove. © Quinn McDonald, 2009
2. Art Journaling for Beginners and Others
Treat yourself (bring a friend!) to an art treat in 2011! Explore art journaling–whether you’ve done it before just want to find out about art journaling, this class will answer your questions and let you take home real journal pages to work on.
I’m a certified creativity coach, so you will experience coaching as well.
When: 4 Wednesday-morning sessions. January 12, 19, 26, February 2, 2011.
Time: 10 am to noon
Where: West Valley Arts Center in Surprise.13243 N. Founders Park, Surprise AZ 85379
Phone the Center: 623-935-6384
January 12: Oh, The Possibilities!
- What’s a journal, really?
- You can buy, you can make, you can alter, you can explore!
- Making room in your life for art and words
- Getting over fear and getting started (Yes, you are going to be making pages right away!)
- Developing a practice of words and art
January 19: Getting Messy
- Create a pamphlet journal
- Using collage in a journal
- Solving sticky problems
- Show and tell
January 26: The Haunted Perfectionist
- Making mistakes, fixing mistakes
- Exploring paint and gesso: acrylics, watercolor, inks
- Using different wet media in a journal
- Show and tell
February 2: Adding Pages Everywhere
- Designing and using an accordion journal
- Making meaning, making art
- Adding and removing pages in any journal
- Stand-alone and add-in accordion journal
- Show and tell
To register, phone: 623-935-6384, the West Valley Art Center.
Price: $75 for all 4 classes, $65 if you are an Arts Council member. No supply fee, but there is a short supply list for you to bring to class.
Questions? Feel free to email me (Quinn) with questions. Want to know more about Quinn and raw art journaling? Go to my art website.