No, the title is not a typo, the book title is Just My Typo, a compilation of mistakes, goofs, slips and typos by Drummond Moir.
I talk a lot about making mistakes, so it seems like a good time to give away a book full of them, from misheard instructions to fat-fingered keystrokes. Twelve chapters that will make you grin, cringe, and push the comma over just a little.
From page 42: “In 1924 Mr. Rockwell compiled the genial orgy of the Rockwell family.”
The chapters include:
- To be or To Be: typos in Literature
- The Fourth Mistake: typos in the media
- The Word Stage: typos of historical and political significance
- The Lingua Franca: typos abroad
- Food for Thought: grastronomic typos
- The Cost of a Comma: the most expenxive typos
- Immaculate Contraption: kids’ typos
From page 68: “Chocolate potato cake: 6 oz. margarine, 1 oz. cocoa, 4 oz. mashed potato, 5 oz. self-raising flour, 433 eggs, size 3.”
There are typo photos and collected typos and favorites of editors and writers.
How to win the book: Leave a comment, letting me know why this is the book for you. Winner will be announced on this coming Friday, October 10 on the blog. Be sure to check back in to see if you won!
–Quinn McDonald loves typos unless she makes them.